La Galiniere Guest Cottages are situated on a boutique vineyard on the main road into Franschhoek. Converted workers’ accommodation, the three cottages provide comfortable and affordable self-catering accommodation suitable for an overnight or longer stay. The farm is located just 15-20 minutes’ walk from the centre of Franschhoek and is in easy reach of the town’s facilities.
The farm harvests around 6-7 tonnes of grapes each year and then sends them off to another local farm to be made into wine. A bottle of our own Cabernet Sauvignon is complimentary with every booking.
La Galiniere particularly welcomes families; we can provide DVDs, travel cots, high chairs, and car seats for our younger guests. Babysitting services can be arranged with advance notice. Children aged 0-5 are free of charge. Children aged 6-12 are half the adult rate.
Please note that La Galiniere is a working farm and has three German Shepherd dogs that roam freely. We do not recommend guests bring their own pets.
La Galiniere has three self-catering cottages, each providing high quality furnishings, appliances and linen. Each of the cottages is non-smoking.
Shiraz Cottage, the smallest, comprises a bedroom (king or twin beds), shower room and well-equipped kitchen.
Cabernet Cottage comprises a bedroom (double bed), bathroom (shower over bath), living room with dining table and well-equipped kitchen.
Merlot Cottage, the largest, comprises two bedrooms (king or twin beds), bathroom (shower over bath), living room with dining table and well-equipped kitchen.
Each of the cottages has the following as standard:
• Television with DTSV
• Electric heating and cooling fans
• Electric oven and gas/electric hob
• Microwave oven
• Electric kettle & toaster
• Fridge or fridge freezer
• Wide range of crockery, cutlery, pans and utensils
• Universal electrical adapters
• Complimentary tea, coffee, sugar and milk
GUEST AMENITIES & SERVICES
La Galiniere provides the following amenities and services for their guests:
• Swimming pool
• Small patio area with loungers
• Secure off-street parking
• Grocery shopping service (upon request and with additional charge)
• Small portable braais
• Late check-out (if available and upon request)
• Complimentary bottle of wine
• Complimentary toiletries
• Emergency medical response (through EMR Medicare)